Saturday, November 26, 2005

Irish Hiking Scarf

Overall, our trip to PGH was successful. I got some knitting done. This will be a Christmas gift for FIL. It is safe to post a picture of the FO because they don't read my blog. Hubby picked out the yarn and the color. Unfortunately, grey is a difficult to capture in pictures. Trust me the cables are there.

For my first major cable project, it is a success. Not only did I learn how to knit cables, a few rows into the project I tried knitting without a cable needle. It goes so much faster. I love cables!!!


Irish Hiking Scarf
Pattern: Hello Yarn
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino in Dark Grey
Needles: Addi Circular in US 8
(November 05 - 26, 2005)

P.S. - Hubby loves the scarf. He wants one in Red.

1 comment:

none said...

Looks great! You finished before I did. I had to put mine down to start and finish clapotis. I should pick IHS up tonight and get some mileage on it. I might try doing it without the cable needle....sounds interesting.