Friday, November 25, 2005

Black Friday

We braved the weather (high of 25 Celsius) and drove by my old neighborhood. Although it was sad to find out that one of our old favorites Sichuan House has closed. It was great to stumble upon Pittsburgh Knit & Bead. The very gracious owner greeted me at the door. It was overwhelming (since I don't frequent a LYS). Twice they offered to wind up the yarns into balls. But since Hubby and sleeping kids were waiting in the car, I declined the service.

Here's what I snagged.

Noro Cash Iroha #22
Destined to be Hand/Wrist Warmer from LMKG


Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in Red
Possibly for another Branching Out


Ebay is great! I had to show you what arrived on Wednesday night while we were packing for our trip.

Noro Kureyon #95 and #153(?)
Destined for Pumpkin Girl's Scarf from LMKG


If my experience with Noro is successful, I have my heart set on Klaralund.

1 comment:

none said...

Pretty yarn! I need to take some pictures of the yarn I picked up this weekend....

Keep me updated when you decide to start Klaralund. I would like to knit Klara also, might be willing to start it in a few weeks when I finish my Christmas gifts.