Thursday, May 11, 2006

Lace Knitting

I am such a joiner. I have some projects in mind - Kiri, Orangina and CeCe. My current project - Green Gables counts because of the little lace panel. I hope I am not biting off too much - my only experience with lace is Branching Out.

I did take a stab at Orangina late in April. After 3 pattern repeats, I stretched it all out and it was too wide. I ripped everything out before I could take any pictures. The pattern itself is not difficult to remember. It's the knitting with black yarn that was torture. I don't know if I want to put my eyes through all that strain. Maybe I need to use a color easier on the eyes.

1 comment:

KnittingGuru said...

Hi Bear Knits -

Lace knitting is GREAT. One great thing about it you just observed -- When you stretch it out, it g-r-o-w-s. Therefore, you need to actually knit fewer stitches and that translates into quicker knitting. Don't tell this secret to all the people who will admire the lace you knit and think you are a genius!

If you are new to lace knitting as you say, I hope you will take a look at my website -- www.knittingguru.com -- where I have lots of lace scarf knitting kits. This takes the guess work out for newer lace knitters. I give REALLY clear directions in my booklets and since the kit has the yarn, you can't go wrong.

Please let me know what you think if you go to my website. Also, there are many free knitting tips there. Feel free to send me questions at Ask the Guru, too.

Best of luck in your lace knitting projects!

Veena