Friday, August 24, 2007

What about Bob?

After all that ribbing in Fifi, I needed a quick knit and hopefully something simple that I could work on at the beach. Overall, Bob would've been a quick knit. I've just been lazy.

I started with one sleeve before we left on vacation. I fiddled with the length and got the numbers down. I cast on for the body on our drive down to the beach (Sat, Aug 4th). I got about 6" done. Then I knit the second sleeve. I finished most of the body (up to the split) while we were on vacation (that was 2 weeks ago). During the sporadic knitting last week I finished the front. Last night, I buckled down and finished the back. All that is left to do is seam it up and weave in the ends.

[Insert unseamed blob known as Bob here]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the pics!

Kimberly said...

Your Fifi turned out very nicely. I hadn't seen the pattern before I saw it on your blog.

This summer has been a busy one. I can't even seem to get a baby sweater done so I definitely see how it can be tough to knit Bob.

Octopus Knits said...

Ooo, ooo, where is Bob? Hope you're having a good summer-fall transition!

P.S. Congrats on winning the book!

Anonymous said...

Where'd you go? Come back come back!