Thursday, October 20, 2005

The truth comes out ...

I guess there are several reasons why I taught myself how to knit.

1) There's this obnoxious officemate who said "knitting is so easy, if you can manipulate 1 and 0s in your programs then I don't understand why you don't know how to knit".
2) It keeps my hands out of the potato chips.
3) I was so frustrated last winter when I could not find any mittens for my Little Man. His poor wrists were freezing in the snow everytime those oversized mittens slipped off.

Of course, reason #1 really set me off. So off I was to Michael's to get myself a Learn to Knit kit. The kit was for a scarf and hat. I finished the (garter/stockinette/ribbed) scarf but never did the hat. Reason #2 really works as it gets me out of the kitchen and I don't want crumbs on my projects. Just keep those fingers busy and the chips stay in the pantry.

I think now I'm coming close to full circle by finally attempting to knit mittens. I joined Peaceful Palms KAL yesterday and just joined the Warm Hands KAL.







Of course, full circle means these mittens become FOs.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Ditto to that one.. Keeps hands out of the cookie jar for me!