Saturday, October 1, 2005

My First Cardi

Here she is ... Sitcom Chic. I stalled on this project a few times (sleeves and button bands). I got quite confused with the sleeves instructions so I emailed the designer, Bonne Marie Burns. To my surprise, I got a response back very quickly with some clarification. Talk about Customer Service (and this is a free pattern). Thanks Ms. Burns!!!

This project has a lot of firsts for me. I learned a lot! Let's mention a few:
1. Knitting sleeves in the round since I actually started this project before the Hourglass Sweater.
2. Now I know how to create eyelets.
3. Picking up stitches for button bands and collar.

All I need now is the perfect button.



Sitcom Chic
Pattern: Knitty Spring 2003
Yarn: Lion Cotton-Ease in Cherry Red
Needles: Addi Circular in US 5 and 8
(July 5 - September 26, 2005)

9 comments:

KnitNana said...

Wow! Just lovely! You should be VERY proud of yourself!

Bonnie D. said...

Excellent job!! I am doing the neck shaping now and hope to finish mine up before the end of the weekend. I did mine in Popsical blue.

Knitcrazy said...

Gosh... You have made two Really Great looking Sweaters... Excellent Job !!!

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

Jane said...

Very nice!! Congratulations!

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dani said...

Congratulations! I love the color and can't wait to see it on you! I haven't knit a cardi yet either, but am going to be starting one for Scott very soon :)

Tania said...

Wonderful! I have one in Cherry Red OTN right now, but have only done a few rows. Want to have it for Xmas. Have a silver button with Celtic knot, but am thinking Santa button for the season, then swap to the silver one.

margene said...

This is one of my favorite knits! You're looks marvelous and I love your Hourglass Sweater, too!

Lisa said...

Thanks for your comment on my ribby. I love it and have been wearing it as my fall coat.

Your sitcom chic is OUTSTANDING.