Saturday, May 26, 2007

Turtleneck Tube Vest

I finally convinced my 8 yo daughter to take a picture of the finished FO.

I really enjoyed knitting this project. Since this was the only project I was working on, it did not take too long. The inspiration came not only from the flowers. It also helped that the color of the yarn was so yummy. It constantly reminded my of this delicacy.


Perfectly Periwinkle Turtleneck Tube Vest
Pattern: Stephanie Japel's Fitted Knits
Yarn: 2.5 skeins Lion Cotton-Ease in Sugarplum
Needles: Addi Circulars in US #5 and #7
(05/11/07 - 05/18/07)

Modifications: I shortened the neck ribbing to 3.75". I could not get the RLI/LLI to look right so I used with M1R/M1L instead.

I love it! It will be worn a lot this summer. I can see myself knitting more in different colors.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it too! I'm definitely going to try that pattern with, of course, CE!

Kimberly said...

What a great top! It looks really good with that skirt.

jen said...

That looks great! When I got the book, I immediately thought of this in CE instead of wool! Thanks for sharing! jeniferknits.blogspot.com

Liz said...

So cute, and very flattering.

CaveGurl said...

Oh, it looks really great! You did a wonderful job on this one! I think I am going to try the Cotton-Ease the next time and in a different color. I just don't like the way mine turned out using Lion 100% Cotton.