Sunday, February 11, 2007

First FO of 2007

We went to the local craft store this afternoon to buy some supplies for Pumpkin Girl's Valentine exchange. There are 24 kids in her class so we need to come-up with at least 25 items. For the friends at daycare, we usually just do the candy. We stumbled upon a pack of scrap book paper in one of the bins. The light bulb came on and a decision was made ... make origami flowers and stick a lollipop in the middle.

Then I wandered off to the yarn section and found some variegated Patons Merino Wool. Instantly I thought about knitting Calorimetry. It's been on my mind but I've been trying to stay focused on CPH when I have time to knit on the weekend. I had Pumpkin Girl pick out a color. Voila!


Calorimetry
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino in Rosewood
Needles: Addi Circulars in US #8 (9 for bind off)
(02/11/07 - 02/11/07)

Modifications: I cast on 80 stitches and only did 7 repeats of Row 5 and 9 repeats of Row 7.

Seriously it happened so quickly. It did not make it to the sidebar until after completion. I will definitely make one for me with the leftovers.

No comments: