Sunday, August 7, 2005

Tivoli and TV don't mix

Ok - so I figure I'd pick up my neglected Tivoli and add some more rows to it. I pop in the Gilmore Girls DVD and start knitting while watching. I guess I got so caught up in the show that when I stopped to check my work I noticed a glaring error. I forgot my last matching decrease and I was 8 rows past it.

I'm left with 2 options at this point.
1) Rip everything I did that afternoon and start over.
2) Drop the stitches and fix the k2tog.

I tried option 2 first but it left a gaping hole. No other way around it but to rip the last 8 rows. Man, this sucks!!! All my work that afternoon ripped out. I should've worked on something else - what a waste of time!

I thread the last row before I rip - crossing my fingers that I did this correctly. I go ahead and try it on - looked great! I'm still so frustrated that I will need to bag this project for now. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon.

I'm impressed with all those knitters that can read while knitting. How do you do it?

No comments: