Monday, April 23, 2007

Worth it ...

Almost no knitting yesterday. The weather was gorgeous so we spent the day outside. I didn't even realize it was Earth Day. I was repotting some plants while Hubby was working on the yard. Pumpkin Girl was riding her bike/scooter while Little Man was in the shade playing GameBoy. Later in the evening, poor Pumpkin Girl got sick ... being out in the sun too long. She's much better now.

After walking Pumpkin Girl to the bus stop this morning, I stopped to check on my repotted plants. They looked much better. :-)

offspring of our Plum Tree

Pepper plants

On the knitting front, I had the urge to knit on something else. So I cast on for the Wren cardigan while watching Sopranos. I had finished knitting the ribbing when I realized it was too big ... rip! Good thing I ripped it immediately because the yarn has memory. It was all wrinkled up.

Little Man insisted on wearing his hoodie to school today. This really made my day!

2 comments:

Liz said...

That pattern is so cute. I think Lolly is making one, too. (http://www.lollygirl.com/blog/ if you haven't seen it before)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it just so gratifying when your recipients choose to wear the clothes you've so lovingly knit them - rather than feel forced to wear them.

Asaknitter
www.knittingnutter.com