Saturday, August 19, 2006

My Beach Knit

I started this project at home way back when. I brought it along to finish up while on vacation. ChicKami was knit by the pool and on the beach. I overheard an interesting conversation while I was knitting poolside.

Man says to wife(?): What is she doing? Is that [overhead fighter planes drown all noise]
Wife answers: No, she's knitting. My mom used to knit.

I quickly pack up my stuff and go searching for my family in the indoor pool.


ChicKami
Pattern: Chic Knits
Yarn: 2+ balls TLC Cotton Plus in Mint
Needles: Addi Circulars in US #6 and #8
(07/25/06 - 08/18/06)

I knit the skinny strap version. I will definitely knit another one ... maybe the wide strap version next. TLC Cotton Plus is becoming a staple in my household. I love how it holds up in the washer and dryer. I just wish my local craft store carried more colors.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great!



ps...I set up a bulletin board for people who knit/crochet/etc..if you are interested, check out the details on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

She knits camis by the seashore...

Looks fab!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous Kami you did, and it suits you so perfectly! Fantastic job! And mind you, I had a great laugh about this conversation that you overheard! Men! :)

Bonne Marie said...

OMG! You look glorious in your new tank! So fab with that skirt - I am so jealous of the background, too!

Major Chuffs on keeping a clear head upon hearing the ignoroid craftless comments - I possibly would not have shown such grace :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tank and fabulous shot by the sea! The skirt looks really cute with it, too.

Anonymous said...

looking good!