Friday, June 24, 2005

June projects and WIPs

I started another tank for my daughter from the same modified pattern I used in April. I was going to experiment with stripes (purple, papaya, green, and yellow). My officemate reminded me to twist the threads when I change color so I don't have all those ends to deal with. Ok so no big deal, right? Wrong! After the 3rd row of the 1st contrast color, I forgot to twist the thread. After putting in 3 additional colors stripes, I switched back to a solid purple color because all my skeins were getting tangled up - what a pain! This time although I had a tough time with it - I still did the 3 needle bind-off for the shoulders. As I said, "it beats seaming the shoulders together".

Once that was done. I needed to make another project for myself, of course.

Here we go ... I tackled the Honeymoon Cami. I did the twisted rib (Yay!) but everything else was from the Citrus Moon. Real nice! I learned how to ktbl and do a yo. I must confess that this is still a UFO (still need to darn in the threads).

Now that the knitting part in Honeymoon is over, I started knitting yet another tank for my daughter using Boogie's Kidlet Tank pattern. I will use orange as the main color then attempt intarsia (actually just put 3 little hearts at the top). I've found a pattern for the hearts that I can use. I just need to write it out so I don't mess up.

I've moved on to swatching for my next projects. Too many projects so little time. Sigh! I actually swatched in the dark while my daughter was doing her ballet dress rehearsal. How sad is that?!?!

No comments: